Print from Windows
Expand your possibilities
The practical case
Managing and administering print environments is time-consuming and complicated. Print servers and drivers need to be configured and provisioned correctly. Print queues have to be distributed to end users and services offered for these services. The tools provided by the operating system are often insufficient for this, difficult to configure and require a high level of specialist knowledge on the part of the administrators.
The challenges are in the detail
The manual administration of the Windows printing environment is time-consuming and the necessary activities are often repeated. The necessary maintenance of the infrastructure is therefore often only carried out incompletely and on the side. However, errors in the configuration increase the number of misprints and the dissatisfaction of the end users.
The necessary printer queues must be set up on the Windows print servers and assigned to the respective printers. Depending on the respective end devices, printer drivers must be installed and set for this purpose. These drivers require updates and must then be reinstalled on the print servers. Large environments in particular can quickly become confusing due to the large number of printer queues and drivers.
As a result, the maintenance of the infrastructure is often not carried out consistently and consistently, which leads to increased search efforts, especially in the case of errors. To identify errors, local log files must be examined and analysed.
Once the print queues are finally available on the print servers, they must also be made available to the end users. Although there are various ways to do this on the operating system side, a high degree of automation requires extensive script programming and maintenance.
The advantages at a glance
- Clear – intuitive graphical user interface
- Installation in record time without changing your environment
- Easy management, monitoring, configuration of all printers and print queues on the network
- Automation of manual efforts
- Automatic printer mapping for end users
- Effective control: status of printers and print jobs, configuration of print servers
- Individual user management: assignment of individual and granular rights for the management of the print environment
- Maximum security for confidential printing
- Automated backup and recovery of your print infrastructure
- Intelligent, simple and intuitive driver management
- Minimised helpdesk and administration efforts through intelligent diagnostic functions
- High-availability printing
- Transparent functions, many self-explanatory
Transform your existing Windows environment into a fully-fledged output management system without changing your existing business processes.
Use PrinTaurus for this: our scalable, platform- and manufacturer-independent solution that can be customised to individual networks and needs on a case-by-case basis.
Simplify the creation and management of printer queues and automate the allocation of printer queue assignments.
Operate your entire infrastructure from one user interface. This means that even less experienced end users can make changes easily and safely. A high-availability concept ensures that printing can take place on print devices at any time.
Use automations to perform regular tasks such as driver distribution and configuration. You can save and reuse driver settings and fully automate the distribution of drivers to different print servers.
Gain time for more important tasks!